Nicki Minaj and her husband, Kenneth Petty, have been sued by the woman who Petty was convicted of attempting to rape back in 1995.
Jennifer Hough, the victim of the 1994 lawsuit, filed a new lawsuit with the U.S. District Court in Eastern New York that alleges that both Minaj, born Onika Tanya Maraj, and Petty are intentionally inflicting emotional distress upon Hough, harassing her, as well as witness intimidation “to recant her legitimate claim that Defendant Petty raped her.”
In 1995, Petty was convicted of attempting to rape Hough when she was 16 with a knife. Petty took a plea deal and served four-and-a-half years in prison and was to register as a sex offender.
Petty ran into trouble last March when it was discovered that he did not register as a sex offender in the state of California, since his move in 2019.
According to legal documents obtained by TMZ, the 1994 lawsuit has been outlined in this new lawsuit, as the plaintiff, Hough, has accused Minaj and Petty of directly and indirectly harassing her and has also threatened her to not speak about the incident. Over the last year, Minaj has allegedly been trying to come to an agreement with Hough, through a mutual friend named Black, who reportedly served as a liaison between the two women through phone calls.
Legal docs state that “During the call, Defendant Minaj stated that she heard Plaintiff was willing to ‘help out’ their situation and stated that she would fly Plaintiff and her family to Los Angeles. Plaintiff declined this offer.”
The lawsuit continues to state that “Defendant Minaj then stated that she would send her publicist to meet with Plaintiff to craft a statement recanting Plaintiff’s rape charge. Plaintiff denied this offer as well. Before they got off the phone, Plaintiff said to Defendant Minaj, ‘I need you to know woman to woman, that this happened.’ Defendant Minaj hung up the phone.”
In addition, the lawsuit states “Within days of this conversation, Plaintiff and her family suffered an onslaught of harassing calls and unsolicited visits.”
Hough also refused $500,000.00 from Minaj, who stated that it would be given to her if she wrote a letter recanting her rape claim against Petty. Minaj sent legal counsel to Hough’s home as well to help her write the statement. Hough reportedly began to panic because Black (and now Minaj) knew where she lived and what her family looked like. Hough outlines in the lawsuit that she began receiving numerous amounts of threats forcing her to move from Atlanta to Florida. Hough says she continues to live in fear.
“Plaintiff has not worked since May of 2020 due to severe depression, paranoia, constant moving, harassment, and threats from the Defendants and their associates. She is currently living in isolation out of fear of retaliation,” the lawsuit reads.
Minaj’s former Apple Music radio show, Queen Radio, was also mentioned in the lawsuit, as it states that Minaj tried to minimize the severity of Petty’s 1994 rape case where she stated that the plaintiff (Hough) had tried to recant the rape claim.
“He was 15, she was 16… in a relationship. But go awf Internet,” she told fans on a 2019 episode of Queen Radio.” You’ve gotta cover your husband in prayer.” She then told fans that Hough falsely accused Petty of rape and wrote a letter to recant the claims. Hough has since denied this.
Megan Thee Stallion and Popeyes to Release ‘Hottie Sauce’
Megan Thee Stallion has partnered with popular Lousiana Kitchen food chain Popeyes for a development deal, according to Adweek.
Starting Tuesday, Oct. 19, fans of the fast-food chain will be able to enjoy Megan’s first release, the ‘Hottie Sauce,’ which contains honey, cider vinegar, and Aleppo pepper. In addition to being featured on the menu, Thee Stallion will also be teaming up with Popeyes to create official merchandise —titled Thee Heat— which will include bikinis, long sleeve shirts, hats, tumblers and Popeyes chicken tenders plush dog toys. The merchandise will also release on Oct. 19.
“I’m appreciative of Popeyes commitment to empowering Black women and look forward to opening Popeyes Restaurants,” Megan said in a statement. “Teaming up with Popeyes is such a milestone in my journey and evolution as an entrepreneur. I’ve always been a fan of the Popeyes brand and I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to join the brand and help create the new Megan Thee Stallion Hottie Sauce for their line-up.”
To sweeten the deal, Megan Thee Stallion and Popeyes are making a six-figure donation to Houston Random Acts of Kindness, a nonprofit dedicated to the betterment of the Houston community.
Five Members of O-Block Arrested in FBG Duck’s Murder Case
Five alleged gang members — Charles Liggins, Kenneth Roberson, Tacarlos Offerd, Christopher Thomas and Marcus Smart — of O-Block have been arrested in connection to FBG Duck’s murder.
According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Chicago, the O-Block gang fatally shot Carlton Weekly, also known as FBG Duck, in Aug. 2020 while him and two other men were shopping in the Gold Coast neighborhood. FBG Duck was pronounced dead at Northwestern Memorial Hospital after suffering multiple gunshot wounds to the torso.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Chicago believes O-Block has “claimed responsibility for acts of violence in Chicago and used social media and music to increase their criminal enterprise.”
The five defendants have entered a not guilty plea and are being charged with committing murder in aid of racketeering, assault in the aid of racketeering and various weapons charges.
FBG Duck’s mother, Lasheena Weekly, responded to the news in a video: “[The feds] just called me and told me they arrested Muwop, they arrested C-Thang, they arrested…two more, five people that they have in custody,” she said in the video. “The lil boy who killed himself August the 24, was one of the shooters that shot my son — they just told me that, too. … You heard it from me first. They got they ass. They got them muthafuckas.”
Liggins, Offerd, Thomas, Smart and Roberson face a mandatory minimum sentence of life in prison and the maximum sentence of the death penalty.
Black man arrested by Boston Police during stroke to receive $1.3 million
Al Copeland, a Black man who was arrested while suffering from a stroke in his vehicle was awarded a $1.3 million settlement after being wrongfully accused of being drunk, back in 2019.
According to records, Copeland was driving on Mass Ave and began to feel nauseous. He decided to park at the Berklee School of Music, where he sat in his vehicle unconscious for almost two hours. Two Boston police officers found Copeland and arrested him, claiming the now 62-year-old smelled like alcohol.
However, what officers did not know was that Copeland had been practicing sobriety for 20 years and was actually suffering a stroke. When he was taken to the police station, Copeland reportedly struggled to stand and subsequently ended up falling and hitting his head before throwing up. Copeland was taken to Tufts Medical Center where medical professionals also thought he was drunk.
After several hours in the emergency room, doctors determined Copeland was suffering from a stroke which ruled out the cops’ accusations of the 62-year-old being drunk. The stroke resulted in Copeland behind hospitalized for weeks which was followed by him being unable to complete certain daily tasks and ultimately resulted in him having to resign from his job at the MBTA.
The City of Boston launched an internal investigation after being contacted by Copeland’s lawyer, George Leontire. However, the officers weren’t cited for treating Al like he was drunk, but for being negligent in their lack of response when he hit his head on the cell wall.
Copeland received a $1.3 million settlement, but neither the officers nor the City of Boston has been charged in the incident; they quietly dealt with it and dismiss the event.
Albums3 months ago
Album Stream: Mariah the Scientist – RY RY World
Audio3 months ago
Tory Lanez Releases ‘Crocodile Teeth Freestyle’
Massachusetts3 months ago
MASS MONDAYS: $hayBand$, Kam’Geez, Messy Money Sav, Mulah Mitch, Greenup Yae, Reem Skully
Audio3 months ago
Mixtape: Bizzy Banks – ‘Same Energy’
Audio3 months ago
Funk Flex Releases ‘Lurkin’ Remix With Polo G
Albums2 months ago
Album Stream: Isaiah Rashad – ‘The House Is Burning’
Music3 months ago
New Music: Drake Joins Smiley On New Single ‘Over The Top’
Music2 months ago
Watch the Full Replay of The LOX vs. Dipset ‘VERZUZ’ Battle