Connect with us

News

Tory Lanez Officially Charged in Megan Thee Stallion Shooting

Published

on

Tory Lanez Megan Thee Stallion SHooting

Tory Lanez has officially been charged in the shooting incident of Megan Thee Stallion, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

Born, Daystar Peterson, the Canadian native was charged with one felony count of assault with a semiautomatic firearm – personal use of a firearm – and another felony count of carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.

Though she is not identified by name, the announcement released by The Los Angeles Police Department, Hollywood Division, states the series of events that transpired during the early morning hours of July 12, where a 24-year-old woman got into an argument with Lanez in an SUV parked in Hollywood Hills. The argument resulted in the female victim exiting the vehicle when Lanez reportedly shot at her feet several times.

Read More: Megan The Stallion States She Was Shot By Tory Lanez

Lanez is expected to be arraigned Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2020 at the Foltz Criminal Justice Center.

If convicted, the rapper faces a possible maximum sentence of 22 years and eight months in prison. The case remains under investigation.

Earlier this month, Lanez proclaimed his innocence on his album, DAYSTAR.

No Title

breaking: Tory Lanez has been charged with shooting Megan Thee Stallion, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office pic.twitter.com/eJw6rkvt95

News

Megan Thee Stallion and Popeyes to Release ‘Hottie Sauce’

Published

on

Megan Thee Stallion and Popeyes Team Up for 'Hottie' New Collaboration.
PopEyes

Megan Thee Stallion has partnered with popular Lousiana Kitchen food chain Popeyes for a development deal, according to Adweek.

Starting Tuesday, Oct. 19, fans of the fast-food chain will be able to enjoy Megan’s first release, the ‘Hottie Sauce,’ which contains honey, cider vinegar, and Aleppo pepper. In addition to being featured on the menu, Thee Stallion will also be teaming up with Popeyes to create official merchandise —titled Thee Heat— which will include bikinis, long sleeve shirts, hats, tumblers and Popeyes chicken tenders plush dog toys. The merchandise will also release on Oct. 19.

megan stallion popeyes merch

“I’m appreciative of Popeyes commitment to empowering Black women and look forward to opening Popeyes Restaurants,” Megan said in a statement. “Teaming up with Popeyes is such a milestone in my journey and evolution as an entrepreneur. I’ve always been a fan of the Popeyes brand and I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to join the brand and help create the new Megan Thee Stallion Hottie Sauce for their line-up.”

To sweeten the deal, Megan Thee Stallion and Popeyes are making a six-figure donation to Houston Random Acts of Kindness, a nonprofit dedicated to the betterment of the Houston community.

Continue Reading

News

Five Members of O-Block Arrested in FBG Duck’s Murder Case

Published

on

FBG Duck

Five alleged gang members  — Charles Liggins, Kenneth Roberson, Tacarlos Offerd, Christopher Thomas and Marcus Smart —  of O-Block have been arrested in connection to FBG Duck’s murder.

According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Chicago, the O-Block gang fatally shot Carlton Weekly, also known as FBG Duck, in Aug. 2020 while him and two other men were shopping in the Gold Coast neighborhood.  FBG Duck was pronounced dead at Northwestern Memorial Hospital after suffering multiple gunshot wounds to the torso.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Chicago believes O-Block has “claimed responsibility for acts of violence in Chicago and used social media and music to increase their criminal enterprise.”

The five defendants have entered a not guilty plea and are being charged with committing murder in aid of racketeering, assault in the aid of racketeering and various weapons charges.

FBG Duck’s mother, Lasheena Weekly, responded to the news in a video: “[The feds] just called me and told me they arrested Muwop, they arrested C-Thang, they arrested…two more, five people that they have in custody,” she said in the video. “The lil boy who killed himself August the 24, was one of the shooters that shot my son — they just told me that, too. … You heard it from me first. They got they ass. They got them muthafuckas.”

Liggins, Offerd, Thomas, Smart and Roberson face a mandatory minimum sentence of life in prison and the maximum sentence of the death penalty.

Continue Reading

Massachusetts

Black man arrested by Boston Police during stroke to receive $1.3 million

Published

on

Boston Police
Mass Live

Al Copeland, a Black man who was arrested while suffering from a stroke in his vehicle was awarded a $1.3 million settlement after being wrongfully accused of being drunk, back in 2019.

According to records, Copeland was driving on Mass Ave and began to feel nauseous. He decided to park at the Berklee School of Music, where he sat in his vehicle unconscious for almost two hours. Two Boston police officers found Copeland and arrested him, claiming the now 62-year-old smelled like alcohol.

However, what officers did not know was that Copeland had been practicing sobriety for 20 years and was actually suffering a stroke. When he was taken to the police station, Copeland reportedly struggled to stand and subsequently ended up falling and hitting his head before throwing up. Copeland was taken to Tufts Medical Center where medical professionals also thought he was drunk.

After several hours in the emergency room, doctors determined Copeland was suffering from a stroke which ruled out the cops’ accusations of the 62-year-old being drunk. The stroke resulted in Copeland behind hospitalized for weeks which was followed by him being unable to complete certain daily tasks and ultimately resulted in him having to resign from his job at the MBTA.

The City of Boston launched an internal investigation after being contacted by Copeland’s lawyer, George Leontire. However, the officers weren’t cited for treating Al like he was drunk, but for being negligent in their lack of response when he hit his head on the cell wall.

Copeland received a $1.3 million settlement, but neither the officers nor the City of Boston has been charged in the incident; they quietly dealt with it and dismiss the event.

Continue Reading

Trending