fbpx
Connect with us

News

D.A. Says There’s Substantial Evidence That Supports Tory Lanez’ Felony Charge

Published

on

D.A. Says There's Substantial Evidence That Supports Tory Lanez' Felony Charge

Earlier this week, Megan Thee Stallion, Tory Lanez, and DJ Akademiks had an exchange of words following Akademiks false reporting claiming it was stated in court that Tory’s DNA was not found on the weapon used to allegedly shoot Megan in the foot, back in July 2020.

Megan took to social media quickly to debunk his reporting stating Akademiks was not only lying, but they hadn’t even gone to the hearing yet.

“Yall got breaking news 15 minutes before court started and nobody has even been called in yet?” she said. “Yall tryna win a social media campaign, this is my real life! Yall tryna get retweets spreading false narratives! @iamakademiks why are you lying? What did you gain?”

Akademiks quickly deleted his tweet and came back with an update in a series of tweets:

“Tory Lanez trial just adjourned until April with Tory’s lawyer telling the court they have completed DNA results from the prosecution which is very pleasing to his client (I saw this doc myself .. it literally says it was inconclusive in finding TORY DNA on the gun or magazine). Now one of y’all finna tell me my eyes deceived me. I ain’t Trasha K. Stop playin wit me.”

DJ Akademiks on Twitter: “UPDATE: Tory Lanez trial adjourned til April with Tory’s lawyer telling the court they have completed DNA results from the prosecution which is very pleasing to his client. (I saw this doc myself.. it literally says it was inconclusive in finding TORY DNA on the gun or magazine) / Twitter”

UPDATE: Tory Lanez trial adjourned til April with Tory’s lawyer telling the court they have completed DNA results from the prosecution which is very pleasing to his client. (I saw this doc myself.. it literally says it was inconclusive in finding TORY DNA on the gun or magazine)

Megan’s attorney Alex Spiro told XXL, “This is nothing more than the dishonest machinations of a desperate man.”

To clear things up, the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office sent an official statement to HipHopDX regarding the case, stating that they believe that the felony charges against Tory could be “proven beyond a reasonable doubt.”

“Although we are legally prohibited from commenting on the evidence and will continue to abide by that obligation, our office is under an ethical duty to only proceed on charges which we believe can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt and which have already been upheld by a judge after presentation of evidence at the preliminary hearing,” the statement read. “We believe the evidence substantially supports the charges and allegations and that evidence will be borne out in court.”

The pre-trial hearing has been moved to April 5.

Nancy Dillon on Twitter: “There was ZERO mention of DNA at the Tory Lanez hearing today. The report that Tory’s lawyer told court DNA results were “pleasing” to his side is “totally fabricated,” 2 sources tell Rolling Stone. I’m about to receive the transcript, will update. Pre-trial continued to April 5. / Twitter”

There was ZERO mention of DNA at the Tory Lanez hearing today. The report that Tory’s lawyer told court DNA results were “pleasing” to his side is “totally fabricated,” 2 sources tell Rolling Stone. I’m about to receive the transcript, will update. Pre-trial continued to April 5.

much deeper than what you see on the surface | For blog placements, e- mail submissions@miixtapechiick.com for details.

News

August Alsina Confirms Tory Lanez Reportedly Assaulted Him

Published

on

August Alsina
Joseph Okpako/WireImage

Earlier today, GossipOfTheCity reported an alleged altercation took place between August Alsina and Tory Lanez outside of a club.

After a few hours went by, August Alsina took to Instagram a picture of himself with a bloodied mouth, seemingly confirming that an altercation did occur. Though he did not address Tory Lanez by name, he referred to the artist as a Leprechaun and wrote the following caption: “As I’m exiting the building after the show last night, a 4’11 sized leprechaun ran down on me w/ 8 oversized security n*ggas.”

Alsina also confirmed GossipOfTheCity’s report that Lanez was mad he did not dap him up. “There was never a ‘fight!’ Simply an assault,” said Alsina.

Tory Lanez has denied that an altercation took place stating, “I don’t know what everybody talking about… But I’ve been in the studio… I’m not in anything negative… I’ve been working on my myself… and being a better person.”

Continue Reading

News

Tory Lanez Announces New Album ‘Sorry 4 What’ And Release Date

Published

on

Tory Lanez

Riding on the momentum of his performance at Rolling Loud: Toronto, Tory Lanez returns to announce his new album, Sorry 4 What.

Supported by the single, “It Doesn’t Matter,” Tory Lanez upcoming project is scheduled to drop on Friday, Sept. 30. Sorry 4 What will serve as a follow-up to his 2021 album, Alone At Prom. The news comes shortly after Lanez received a new court date in the Megan Thee Stallion felony assault case.  “Trial start date continued to between Nov. 28 and Dec. 8 over objection of prosecutors bc Tory’s lawyer in an arbitration,” said Rolling Stone reporter, Nancy Dillon.

Continue Reading

News

Philadelphia Rapper Pnb Rock Shot & Killed In Los Angeles

Published

on

Pnb Rock Shot in Los Angeles

On Monday, Sept. 12, video surfaced of rapper Pnb Rock laid on the ground of a Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles establishment covered in blood. According to bystanders who posted the video footage, the “Selfish” rapper had reportedly been shot after a robbery gone bad at a Los Angeles’ Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles.

The video is too gruesome to share, but has been going viral on social media. However, it has been confirmed that the rapper was with his girlfriend, Stephanie Sibounheuang, at the time of the shooting.

“The victim was sitting at a table eating with a female witness when he was approached by the suspect,” said Los Angeles police Capt. Kelly Muniz. “The suspect then brandished a firearm and demanded his property. … The suspect then fired multiple rounds and then appears to remove some property, to what extent we don’t know at this time.”

As of 8:30 PM, the Los Angeles Times has confirmed that PnB Rock, born Rakim Allen, passed away just before 2 PM PT/5 PM ET.

He was 30 years-old.

Our prayers are with his family and friends.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2022 MIIXTAPECHIICK LLC