fbpx
Connect with us

News

Drakeo the Ruler Fatally Stabbed at Hometown Concert in Los Angeles

Published

on

Drakeo-The-Ruler
Dewanne Buckmire

Rapper Drakeo the Ruler was stabbed to death after an altercation ensued outside the Banc of California Stadium in Exposition Park, during the Once Upon a Time in L.A. concert. Headlined by Snoop Dogg and performances by Ice Cube, 50 Cent and more, Drakeo was also scheduled to perform. He was 28 years-old.

According to the Los Angeles Times, paramedics responded to a call about a stabbing around 8:40 PM. The victim was taken to the hospital in critical condition and was identified as  Darrell Caldwell, known as Drakeo the Ruler in the music scene. Caldwell was reportedly attacked by a group of people at the music festival.

A Live Nation spokesperson said in a statement, “There was an altercation in the roadway backstage. Out of respect for those involved and in coordination with local authorities, artists and organizers decided not to move forward with remaining sets so the festival was ended an hour early.”

Drake, who collaborated with Drakeo earlier this year on “Talk To Me” took to Instagram Stories his feelings on the tragic loss. Nah man this shit isn’t right for real wtf are we doing. Always picked my spirit up with your energy. RIP Drakeo.”

miixtapechiick.com on Twitter: “Drake Appears to Confirm Passing of Drakeo The Ruler, After Being Stabbed, at Once Upon A Time In LA Festival – RIP Drakeo pic.twitter.com/Bw3mNH651D / Twitter”

Drake Appears to Confirm Passing of Drakeo The Ruler, After Being Stabbed, at Once Upon A Time In LA Festival – RIP Drakeo pic.twitter.com/Bw3mNH651D

Drakeo released his first mixtape,  I Am Mr. Mosely in 2015 and his debut album, The Truth Hurts, this past February. Releasing 10 mixtapes to date, the rapper had just dropped his latest mixtape, So Cold I Do Em 2 on December 7.

Our condolences go out to Drake the Ruler’s friends and family.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Culture

Hit-Boy Back Working with Kanye West; Beef Is Over

Published

on

Hit-Boy Back Working with Kanye West

Back in November, HS87 producer Hit-Boy revealed on the Rory & Mal podcast that he and Kanye West had a falling out and West tried to have him blacked balled from the industry.

“I haven’t been a fan of Kanye on a personal/ human level since he told me face to face he stopped picking my beats because I worked with Beyoncé,” Hit-Boy told Rory and Mal. “This is after I produced n*ggas in Paris , clique, and a myriad of other songs / projects for him and his label GOOD Music in the 2 years I was signed with them.”

However, Hit-Boy revealed today that he is officially back to working with Ye, presumably for DONDA 2. The producer was seen in the studio with him and The Game and was given production credit on Ye’s latest release, ‘Eazy.’

Continue Reading

News

Nicki Minaj’s Harassment Lawsuit Dropped

Published

on

Nicki Minaj Kenneth Petty
Getty/Robert Kamau/GC Images

Jennifer Hough, the woman who was suing Nicki Minaj and Kenneth Petty for alleged harassment and intimidation in efforts to get her to recant her account that Petty sexually assaulted her, voluntarily dismissed her case against Minaj on Wednesday, January 12.

According to TMZ, there was no financial settlement that made Hough drop the case, however, Petty still remains a defendant, meaning the case against him is still active.

“The case was voluntarily dismissed as to Nicki in NY,” Hough’s attorney, Tyrone Blackburn said in a statement. “The case against Kenneth is ongoing. This does not mean that Nicki Minaj is in the clear. In fact, she’s probably in a worst position now than prior to when the case started. So, I would say, stay tuned.”

Petty was convicted of assaulting Hough in 1995 and served four years in prison. Hough spoke about the incident publicly on The Real, back in October.

Minaj has not addressed the dismissal, but tweeted a unicorn emoji in response to a tweet that quoted her verse on Tasha Cobb Leonard‘s 2017 release “I’m Getting Ready,” which read, “I don’t gotta talk the lord defends me.”

The Queen rapper’s attorney,  Judd Burstein, responded to the dismissal by e-mailing Hough’s lawyer.

“In my view, your conduct in pursuing this case against Nicki represents the worst of our legal system: bottom-feeding lawyers who pursue frivolous actions against a celebrity assuming that they will be paid off if they throw enough dirt.”

Judd continues, “You forced my client to spend over $300,000 in fees to defend a case which even my labradoodle, Gracie, could see was frivolous on both the facts and the law.”

Petty is to return to court in March for sentencing after accepting a plea deal back in August for failing to register as a sex offender in the state of California.

Continue Reading

News

Baby Blue Sentenced To 20 Months In Prison

Published

on

Baby Blue pRETTY Ricky

Diamond “Baby Blue” Smith of Pretty Ricky has been sentenced to 20 months in prison after pleading guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud in August.

The sentencing comes as a result of the Florida rapper’s October 2020 arrest for filing fraudulent loan applications in order to receive funds from the Paycheck Protection Program. Baby Blue received a loan of $426,717, for his business Throwbackjersey.com LLC, and $708,065 for his other company, Blue Star Records LLC.

Receiving a total of $1.1 million, the rapper didn’t put the money towards his businesses. He instead used the money at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino and purchased luxury items including a $96,000 Ferrari. The car was seized back in August when he was taken into custody. Baby Blue also admitted to falsifying documents.

In addition to his 20-month sentence, Baby Blue has been ordered to pay $1,111,345 in restitution and $1,134,782 in forfeiture.

Continue Reading

Trending