According to TMZ, the order was placed during a court hearing in Los Angeles on Wednesday, October 26. Prosecutors reportedly argued that Tory Lanez should remain in custody until his trial against Megan Thee Stallion because he violated the conditions of his bail. However, Tory’s attorney, Shawn Holley, argued back that no charges had been filed in the Alsina case, and as of right now, they were only allegations.
The judge decided to meet both parties halfway and ordered that the “Alone At Prom” artist be confined to his home with a GPS ankle monitor beginning Friday, October 28 until Nov. 28, when the trial against Megan Thee Stallion begins.
TMZ was able to catch up to Tory Lanez after the hearing where Lanez stated he was being treated unjustly as a Black man. “I’m a Black man fighting the world,” he said.
Last month, Tory Lanez reportedly got into an altercation with August Alsina in Chicago after the “I Luv It” singer didn’t dap Tory up when he said ‘hello.’
“As I’m exiting the building after the show last night, A 4’11 sized leprechaun ran down on me w/ 8 oversized security nigxas, whom I greeted each individually upon their walk up as they tried to press me,” August explained in an Instagram caption. “Whole time, I’m one deep. No security.”
“Tory continues to ask w/ a broken ego why I didn’t dap him up, I go on to tell him.. I was a fan of him and didn’t understand him speaking on my business publicly In the past, because I don’t know him or ever met him until last night. So when he spoke it caught me off guard because of his past actions, i assumed he didn’t like me, that’s all.”