The incident occurred last year on July 12th after the two artists left a pool party at Kylie Jenner’s house in Hollywood Hills. Tory Lanez is accused of shooting Megan in the foot while riding in an SUV and allegedly told her to “dance b*tch,” according to testimony by Los Angeles Police Det. Ryan Stogner
During the preliminary hearing on Tuesday, Dec. 14, Tory’s lawyer hinted that it was Megan’s former assistant, Kelsey Nicole, who pulled the trigger following an argument that escalated in the vehicle.
Megan Thee Stallion slammed media and news outlets for their coverage of the hearing.
Following the hearing, Lanez took to Twitter his frustrations stating, “I need someone to REPORT what was REALLY said in court today,” he tweeted. “45 minutes of my lawyer stating contradictory evidence that proves my innocence should never come back as one false story forced to the media.”
Back in August, the Alone At Prom rapper was ordered to pay an increased bail of $250,000 for violating the protective order issued for Megan Thee Stallion when he took the stage at Rolling Loud Miami in July as a surprise during DaBaby‘s set.
“They could have filed an additional charge based on violating the protective order because that’s a violation of law as well. You do not want to be doing things like this, sir,” said Judge Keith H. Borjon to Peterson at the time. “You have the means and the where with all and a lot of smart people around you to advise you as to how you should be conducting your life so we don’t have to have hearings like this.”
Tory Lanez is to return to court for the arraignment on his criminal charges on Jan. 13, 2022.